Thursday, October 16, 2008

Smile

 

The other day I went downtown to run a few errands.  I went into the local coffee shop for a snack. I was only there for about  5 minutes, and when I came out, there was this cop writing out a parking  ticket.      

I said to him, 'Come on man, how about giving a retired person a break'?  He ignored me and continued writing the ticket. His insensitivity annoyed me, so I called him a   'Nazi.'

He glared at me  and then wrote out another ticket for having worn  tires. So I proceeded to  call him 'doughnut eating Gestapo.' He finished the second ticket and put it on the windshield with the first.

Then he wrote a third ticket when I called him a moron in blue.

This went on for about 20 minutes. The more I talked back to him the more tickets he wrote.

Personally, I didn't really care. I came downtown on the bus because gas prices are so high  and the car that he was putting the tickets on had one of those bumper  stickers  that said 'McCain in 08'.

I try to have a little fun each day now that I'm retired.  The doctor tells me that it's important to my health. 

No comments: