Friday, July 06, 2007

An Uneventful Fourth of July

I attended two Fourth of July parties. I visited with old friends and new friends and had a pretty good time. The second party was on the hill in Port Orchard just above the fireworks barge. Talk about a view! That's where I took this picture.

The only thing missing was any conversation (and that includes from me) concerning our wonderful nation and the the condition it's been put in by a ruling Republican party with an agenda and a minority Democratic party that stood silently by while the country was hijacked.

If I remember correctly it was Ben Franklin, who, when asked "What have you given us?" replied, "A republic, if you can keep it" or words of similar meaning.

I'm wondering, now that we Democrats have the simple marjority in both Houses, what are we going to do to keep it? I hope our senators and congressmen/women show us something spectacular. That's why we voted for them. And that's why we'll vote for them again, or not.

No comments: